Delicious Calories : Our Days of Decadence

Cravings

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

It's 2 o'clock in the morning and I have a serious craving for Fish and Chips.



Unfortunately, it's terribly difficult to find really good fish and chips on this tiny spot of an island. For one, almost every eating stablishment serves the thin slices of fish breaded and fried till their hard and dry. Furthermore, it doesn't help that the fish is often tasteless and the chips that come alongside the rock hard fish are often of the frozen variety.

Personally, I love my fish to be thick, fleshy, soft and juicy ; coated in smooth and flavorful crispy brown batter. At the same time, the fries are freshly and thickly sliced potato coated with a pinch of salt and pepper. Even better still, tossed in herbs and cayenne pepper powder. Mmmmmm... be still my beating tastebuds.

Nonetheless, the best fish and chips I've ever had so far was at the Pinetree Club. The batter was crispy and bursting with flavor. And the fish! Wow! Exactly how I loved. However, that was six years ago and I wonder if the standard still holds.

Still, I have to satisfy my craving. I might cook it this Friday but if anyone's got any suggestions, do leave some in the comments box. I know this is so going to ruin my plan to lose weight but I can't help it. I'm feeling very very very hungry right now.

Goodnight!