Delicious Calories : Our Days of Decadence

Yummy Beginnings

Friday, February 17, 2006

Having nothing to critique, I thought I might just open my role in this blog with a recipe for Home Cooked Beef Soup. This soup is really simple, light, tasty and crazily comforting on rainy days. I always serve it with rice or with a Roast Vegetable Pasta or slices of buttered French toast, which have been toasted to crispy perfection.

However, I must apologize. While I have no qualms about sharing my recipes, I am unable to tell just how much of what goes into these meals. Even I have no idea just how much of what I put into these meals. Like I was telling Ben, it's all trial and error and the cooking itself. So hopefully you guys will be able to play around with the ingredients and whip out a storm of a meal.

Lorri's Home Cooked Beef Soup

Ingredients
Beef
Carrots
Red Onions
Potatoes
Celery

Cooking
Roughly chop the onions, carrots, potatoes, slice the celery, and cut the beef into 2 cm cubes. Once that's done, heat a little oil (I use olive) in a pot and throw in the onions and toss them around till they turn translucent. Afterwhich, pour some water in and once it starts to boil, throw in the beef and let it simmer for about half an hour before adding the rest of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper as desired and boil it all under low heat for about another hour or an hour before serving.

Enjoy!